Boston University School of Management; Boston, MA May 2012
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration; Concentration: Accounting
Minor: Hospitality Administration (School of Hospitality)
Loketch & Partners; New York, NY June 2012- September 2012
- Assisted in preparing tax returns for individuals and small businesses using adjustments, deductions, and credits.
- Computed taxes owed or overpaid for 100+ clients following tax form instructions and tax tables using QuickBooks.
- Interviewed 23 individual clients and 4 business teams in order to discover additional information on taxable income.
Square; Boston, MA August 2011- June 2012
- Developed a marketing plan for business expansion in the Boston area along with progress reports to management.
- Targeted over 100 merchants to educate them on our new products, with approximately a 35% conversation rate.
- Trained and provided weekly customer service to 30+ local merchants on how to set up and use Square’s products.
Boston Student Discount Card; Boston, MA May 2009-March 2011
Owner and Founder
- Conceived a program offering BU students campus-area discounts in return for advertising on a membership card.
- Produced monthly financial statements and bank reconciliations using QuickBooks.
- Achieved sales growth of 95% from year one to year two. Successfully resigned 92% of our merchants for year two.
MyStockOptions.com; Boston, MA June-September 2010
- Managed client data entry and performance reports reflecting profit margins on stock options and vesting schedules.
- Implemented strategic plan to improve SEO ranking by writing LinkedIn articles and communicating with bloggers.
- Assisted with launch of new company site myNQDC.com which focuses on nonqualified deferred compensation.
L and N Cleaners; New York NY June 2012- Current Owner and Founder
- Created company website including SEO enhancements to optimize organic search and drive traffic.
- Hired a staff of 7 and managed the store’s payroll while calculating tax withholding on a bi-weekly basis.
- Provide monthly P&L statements to the store’s partners, achieving sales growth of 52% from Q1 – Q3.
Golf Instructor, Boston University Non Credit Golf; Boston, MA September 2009- November 2011
President, Alpha Epsilon Pi Fraternity; Boston, MA September 2010- May 2011
Telecommunication Assistant, Boston University Telefund; Boston, MA September 2009- May 2010
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and QuickBooks.
- Other: playing golf and hockey, staying up-to-date with the latest technology, and reading biographies of entrepreneurs.